Blackberry Settings in Gmail
Note: While setup instructions are provided below, Gmail IMAP access is not officially supported for BlackBerry devices at this time.
To set up the BlackBerry's email client with Google Apps email (IMAP), just follow these steps:
- On your BlackBerry device, navigate to your home screen
- Select the icon that lets you set up email (this can be called Setup, Setup Wizard, Email Setup, BlackBerry Set-up, E-mail settings, or Personal Email Set-up)
- Follow the setup instructions provided on your device to create a new e-mail account
- Be sure to enter the following:
- Mail Server: imap.gmail.com
- Username: [your full Google Apps email address]
- Password: [your Google Apps password ( THIS IS YOUR MOBILE PASSWORD)]
Please note that this password is different than your web-based email password. If you need to set up your mobile password, please Click here
- IMAP Port: 993
You may encounter a 'We were unable to configure...' error. Select I will provide the settings to continue
If setup is successful, you should receive a confirmation message and a new mailbox icon should appear on your device's home screen, labeled with your Google Apps email address.
If you encounter a problem during setup, please make sure you have enabled IMAP in your main Google Apps Mail settings.