Office 365 - Available to Faculty, Staff, and Students
Microsoft is now offering their Office 365 product to students, faculty, and staff at Fresno State. Technology Services is providing access to this service and the Help Desk is collaborating with the DISCOVERe Hub to provide support. Office 365 provides students access to Microsoft software at no cost for academic work and faculty may choose to use this service with their students.
If you’d like to get more information on how Office 365 could benefit you, and for support with implementation, please see your IT Liaison.
- Restricted and confidential data should not be stored in Office 365 OneDrive.
- Zimbra will continue to be the primary service for faculty and staff email and calendaring.
- If you already have Office software, such as Word, installed on a state-owned computer, such as your faculty laptop or staff computer, please do not download and install the Office 365 versions of that software as this will interfere with the proper operation of your existing software.
- When you sign up for Office 365, you will be asked if you want to "Install Office on your PC". Please do not click the "Install Now" button on your Fresno State computer.
- While you may install Office 365 software on up to five computers, all your installs of Office 365 will share the same @mail.fresnostate.edu cloud account.
Available programs of Fresno State's Office 365 Suite include:
For PCs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Access, OneNote, and OneDrive.
For Macs: Word, Excel, Powerpoint, OneNote, and OneDrive.
Lynda.com has a wide selection of informational trainings on Office 365. You can access Lynda.com from within the My Fresno State Portal. Visit http://www.fresnostate.edu/president/discovere/hub/lynda-instructions.html for more information.
How to get Office 365
To sign up for Office 365 using your mail.fresnostate.edu account, please click here to access the Office Portal. Please note that you must use a mail.fresnostate.edu account, and not your csufresno.edu account to sign up for Office 365.
Once you are signed up, you will use your mail.fresnostate.edu credentials (firstname.lastname@example.org) to access Office 365 at http://login.microsoftonline.com.
Faculty or staff needing a mail.fresnostate.edu login can get one at https://googleapps.fresnostate.edu/signup/.
Office 365 Features
- Work from anywhere using your PC, Mac, or mobile device.
- Fast and simple access to files using OneDrive file sharing.
- Files in OneDrive are automatically backed up online.
- Access, edit, and share Word, Excel, and Powerpoint documents from your mobile device using Office mobile apps.
Cloud Storage Options
For information on Fresno State cloud storage options, including Box, Google Drive, and OneDrive, please review the cloud storage document by clicking here. This document provides helpful information about these offerings and will help you decide which is appropriate for your various files. For more information on restricted or confidential data, please review the Fresno State and CSU policies.
If you have any questions, please contact the Help Desk at (559) 278-5000.